As a Purchasing Specialist, you are a key component in ensuring our company has products to sell. The purchasing department works as a team to evaluate the product demands of the company and strives to maintain a competitive and available offering. The purchasing specialist is an entry-level position that executes day-to-day functions in support of the department, and is responsible for a variety of tasks as they relate to a set of assigned vendors.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
- Review stock levels and place stock purchase orders accordingly
- Monitor lead times of assigned vendor offerings
- Place emergency purchase orders for the sales team
- Create part numbers in support of the sales team
- Meet with vendors in a support capacity
- Maintain accurate profile information for assigned vendors
- Assist in maintaining accurate costs for the product offering
- Assist in the evaluation of new product offerings
- Conduct periodic cost analyses of current and prospective products
- Assist in the evaluation of promotional opportunities
- Assist in vendor discrepancy resolution and returns
- Troubleshoot late or missing shipments
- HVAC or technical sales skills are a plus
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Keen ability to recognize and prioritize important tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
If qualified and interested, either email your resume to [email protected] or apply in person at 2505 Willowbrook Rd, Suite 200, Dallas, Texas 75220.
Fissco Supply is an equal-opportunity employer.
Accepted file types: .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .docx, .doc, .pdf, .jpg, .png
Max file size: 5 MB.